The talks, sponsored by the United Nations and heavily guarded by African Union peacekeepers, brings together officials from the weak transitional federal government and authorities from several autonomous areas.
What does TFG stand for?
TFG stands for Transitional Federal Government
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TFG
We have 77 other meanings of TFG in our Acronym Attic
- Théatre Firmin Gémier (French theater)
- Three-F Giken Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Timber Framers Guild
- Time for Good (Christian volunteering group; UK)
- Together for God (various organizations)
- Too Far Gone
- Total Financial Group (various locations)
- Total Fishing Gear (UK)
- Trading Figure Game (Pokemon)
- Transfer Flame Generator
- Transportation Facility Guide
- Trapped Floor Gulley
- Treacalicious Fun Gang (fiction-based organisation from the books published by knn publishing inc.)
- Triple Fat Goose (Sayreville, NJ)
- TRK (Tyrosine Kinase)-Fused Gene (biology)
- Two from Galilee
- Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association (Australia)
- Tennessee Feed and Grain Association
- Texas Fingerstyle Guitar Association
- Tools for Getting Along (educational program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The life of the Transitional Federal Government was to expire last month, but President Sharif Sheikh Ahmed and Speaker Sharif Hassan Sheikh Aden-inspired Shebab rebels, the government has been unable to exert authority beyond a few streets in the capital Mogadishu where it owes its survival to African Union troops.
The group has been waging a fierce insurgency aimed at toppling president Sharif Sheikh Ahmed's Western-backed transitional federal government and the African Union said in a statement.
Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys, who led Somalia's Islamic Courts movement and who the Bush administration claims is a terrorist linked to al-Qaida, said Mogadishu's western-backed Transitional Federal Government was run by "traitors".
surprise air strikes inside Somali unlawful and unauthorized by the Transitional Federal Government in Somalia.
The European Commission remains deeply concerned over the deteriorating security situation in Somalia and the risk of an imminent conflict between the Transitional Federal Government and the Supreme Council of Islamic Courts.
The UN -backed meeting will gather leaders of the Transitional Federal Government as well from the breakaway Puntland region and other semi-autonomous territories.
A top US official on Friday denied reports of a boost in US military aid to Somalia's transitional federal government (TFG), and said there was no intention to "Americanize" the conflict in the horn of Africa.