Carlson and conservative Republican Mark Ferguson, a Holden selectman from 1995 to 2001, who said that he has been an enthusiastic Glodis supporter since the former state senator led the fight to replace transitional bilingual education with English immersion in the schools.
What does TBE stand for?
TBE stands for Transitional Bilingual Education
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TBE
We have 84 other meanings of TBE in our Acronym Attic
- Threaded Both Ends
- Tick-Borne Encephalitis
- Time Base Error
- To Be Edited
- To Be Evaluated
- To Be Expected
- Toilet Bowl Effect (RC helicopters)
- Toronto Board of Education (Canada)
- Total Budget Estimate
- Trade Bill of Exchange
- Très Bon État (French: very good condition)
- Tris Borate Edta (chemistry)
- Tris-Borate-Edta Buffer
- True Bio Electric (Philippines)
- True Boxing Expert
- Turbo-Back Exhaust
- Twin Butte Energy (Canada)
- Taiwan Bicycle Exporters Association
- Tameside Business Environment Association (Tameside, England, UK)
- Tennessee Business Education Association (Lawrenceburg, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
17) Transitional bilingual education calls for the use of the native language of language minority students in a separated setting while they are learning and first using English, with a subsequent transition into mainstream classes with other language majority students after English proficiency is obtained.
Final report: Longitudinal study of English immersion strategy, early-exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority children (No.
Bilingual education programs, as opposed to English immersion or ESL programs, can be further differentiated: * Transitional bilingual education initially provides most instruction in students' (non-English) first language, with increasing proportions of English instruction over time.
Macro-Macro Level Language Policy At a macro-social level, Proposition 227 created an abrupt departure from Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE), which had been the predominant program for about one third of English Language Learners (ELLs) in California.
Their educational agenda is threefold including; access to higher education, not only for the poor, but the middle income who can't qualify for grants, adequate transitional bilingual education programs, and programs to improve and increase teacher education and certification so that universities produce quality teachers for Hispanic communities.
Final report: Longitudinal study of immersion strategy, early exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority children.
In reaction to the controversy, Congress voted in 1978 to restrict federal support to transitional bilingual education (TBE) programs.