95 QB36 Observing the transit of Venus across the face of the Sun caused excitement in America when it made a rare appearance in 2012.
What does TOV stand for?
TOV stands for Transit of Venus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TOV
We have 27 other meanings of TOV in our Acronym Attic
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Tone of Voice (linguistics, branding)
- Toole Valley Railway Company
- Torsional Oscillatory Viscometer (measurements; Mansco Products)
- Total Observed Volume (measurement)
- Total Order Value
- Total Organic Volatile
- Touch of Velvet (chinchilla breeding)
- Town of Vail
- Transfer of Value
- Treaty of Versailles (treaty ending WWI)
- Trial of Void
- Triple Offset Valve
- Technology Order Verification & Validation (B-2)
- Test of Variables of Attention (Universal Attention Disorders, Inc.)
- Therapeutic Options of Virginia (Hampton Roads, VA)
- Triggers of Ventricular Arrhythmias (cardiology)
- Tanker Owners Voluntary Agreement Concerning Liability for Oil Pollution
- Tactile Oral Visual Alternative System (Temple, TX)
- TRMM (Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission) Online Visualization and Analysis System (NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On June 5 and 6, millions of skywatchers came out to glimpse the last transit of Venus visible from Earth for more than a century.
Transit of Venus across sun observed over areas in Japan TOKYO - The transit of Venus across the sun was observed over a wide area of Japan on Wednesday morning.
THE eyes of the world turned skyward for the rare sight of the transit of Venus.
THOUSANDS of sky watchers across the globe witnessed the once-in-a-lifetime transit of Venus yesterday.
CAPTION(S): Red hot: The transit of Venus across the sun.
CAPTION(S): TRANSIT OF VENUS The eyes of the world turned skyward yesterday for the rare sight of Venus passing in front of the sun.
All of the Transit of Venus was visible in East Asia and the Western Pacific.