The WGS is the first operational satcom system to support the US government's transformational communications architecture, moreover, each satellite has a transmission capability of more than three GB/sec.
What does TCA stand for?
TCA stands for Transformational Communications Architecture (military space systems)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TCA
We have 560 other meanings of TCA in our Acronym Attic
- Traffic Control Area
- Trailer Coach Association
- Train Collectors Association
- Trainer/Cargo Aircraft (NATO)
- Trans Canada Airlines
- Transaction Cost Analysis
- Transcon Airlines
- TransCon Airlines (fictional)
- Transconductance Amplifier (electronics)
- Transfer Cluster Allowed (ANSI)
- Transit Case Assembly
- Translation Controller Assembly (US NASA)
- Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Transport Canada Aviation
- Transportation Control Agency
- Transportation Corridor Agencies (toll road administration, Orange County, California)
- Trial Court Administrator (various locations)
- Tricarboxylic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid (CAS Number 76-03-9)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TSAT will provide the Department of Defense (DoD) with high data rate military satellite communications and Internet-like services as defined in the Transformational Communications Architecture (TCA).
During his tenure as DoD's executive agent for space, Teets had his hand in several key programs, including space radar, the space-based infrared system, the advanced extremely high frequency satellite system, and the transformational communications architecture.
The Joint Requirements Oversight Council, last October, approved the Transformational Communications architecture.
Defense Department and commercial leaders participating in this exciting program will bring you the results of the Transformational Communications Architecture study and discuss ways in which the commercial industry will be able to participate in this long-range initiative.
was demonstrated through a Transformational Communications Architecture offering interoperability among various current and future communications systems.
Transformation One solution to the data overflow problem will be the US Department of Defense's Transformational Communications Architecture (TCA), which is designed to create a communications network for intelligence agencies, space agencies and military services based on a single open architecture.
But despite it all, we're leveraging IP-based technology to field communications that meet the requirements of the transformational communications architecture, and we're doing it in a war zone.