The change of these transcription factor binding sites might affect RNA transcription, which should be further investigated.
What does TFBS stand for?
TFBS stands for Transcription Factor Binding Sites
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Transcription-Factor Binding Motif (computational biology)
- Traditional Food Based Menu Planning
- Texas Food Bank Network (Fort Worth, TX)
- Thailand Franchise & Business Opportunities (conference)
- Thermal Flash Blindness Protection
- Transmit FIFO (First In, First Out) Block Pointer (computing)
- Tyco Fire & Building Products (Lansdale, PA; Tyco International, Ltd.)
- Textile Fibers and By-Products Association
- Technical Feedback Report
- Technical Feedback Response Information Letter
- Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (US DoD)
- Transcription Factor Binding Sites Recognition
- Totally Fouled, But Unfortunately Not Dead Yet (polite form)
- Tear Film Break-Up Time (ophthalmology)
- Totally Free Bible Version (website)
- T600 Fiber Channel
- Tactair Fluid Controls (Liverpool, NY)
- Tactical Fusion Center
- Tamworth Football Club (UK)
- Tanglewood Festival Chorus (Boston)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Proteins responsible for transcription initiation and its rate called transcription factors (TF), transcription process initiate by the interaction of these TF and cis-regulatory elements in DNA which act as binding sites and known as transcription factor binding sites (TFBS), which play very essential role in transcription initiation process (Alberts et al.
Potential transcription factor binding sites [TFBSs) are identified as conserved blocks in the two compared sequences.
Combined, the Illumina and Genpathway services provide researchers with access to a complete ChIP-sequencing solution for identifying and quantifying transcription factor binding sites across the entire genome.
Manually curated since 1997, TRANSFAC aids researchers in identifying and analyzing transcription factor binding sites, as well as visualizing, interpreting, and predicting gene regulatory networks.
TRANSFAC also includes details on over 18,000 transcription factor binding sites, from those derived nucleotide distribution matrices, as well as more than 12,000 binding fragments from ChIP-on-chip experiments.
We are extremely pleased with the performance of the GeneChip tiling arrays for mapping transcription factor binding sites by ChIP-on-chip," said Myles Brown, M.
Unbiased mapping of transcription factor binding sites along human chromosomes 21 and 22 points to widespread regulation of noncoding RNAs.