Supply of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation only for use in the Cath Labs within the Trust.
What does TAVI stand for?
TAVI stands for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (surgical procedure)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TAVI
We have 2 other meanings of TAVI in our Acronym Attic
- Texarkana Area Vocational Center (Texarkana, AR)
- Time-Average Variance Constant
- TAMDAR (Tropospheric Airborne Meteorological Data Reporting) Aeribago Validation Experiment
- Thor-Agena Vibration Experiment
- Thai AIDS Vaccine Evaluation Group (World Health Organization research)
- Test And Verification Environment for Remotely Networked Systems
- Taiwanese American Victory Fund (Brooklyn, NY)
- Third Avenue Value Fund (New York, NY)
- Temperature Average
- TRADOC Audiovisual Information
- Toronto Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy
- Targeted Violence Information Sharing System
- Theatre Arts Video Library (Leucadia, CA)
- Threaded Adelson - Velskii - Landis (programming method)
- Toronto Association of Visual Language Interpreters
- Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine (Canada)
- Title and Appraisal Vendor Management Association (Moon Township, PA)
- Texas Association of Vocational Nurse Educators (est. 1979; Texas)
- Tubinger Atlas des Vorderen Orients (German: Tubinger Atlas of the Middle East; University of Tubingen)
- Taiwan Association for Victims of Occupational Injuries
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) has been established as an alternative to surgical aortic valve replacement in inoperable and high-risk patients with severe, symptomatic aortic stenosis.
The topics include engineered arterial models to correlate blood flow with the biological response of tissue, umbilical cord blood for cardiovascular cell therapy, heart repair from natural mechanisms of cardiomyocyte production to the design of new cardiac therapies, controversies in blood pressure goal guidelines and masked hypertension, and transcatheter aortic valve implantation and cerebrovascular events.
Dr Fahad Baslaib, president of the Emirates Cardiac Society, and Dr Talib K Majwal, director of interventional cardiology at the Heart Centre in Dubai Hospital, performed the latest procedure known as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) for a 74-year-old female Iraqi patient.
Dr Fahad Baslaib, consultant interventional cardiologist and director of Rashid Hospital's cardiology department and Dr Talib K Majwal, consultant, interventional cardiology and director of interventional cardiology at the Heart Centre in Dubai Hospital, performed the latest procedure known as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) for this patient.
It means health boards send patients to England, Wales and Northern Ireland for the transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) operations.
The latest technique, known as transcatheter aortic valve implantation (Tavi) is a unique therapy which may be used as an alternative to standard surgical aortic valve replacement.
The technique, known as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation, is minimally invasive and can be used an alternative to standard surgical aortic valve replacement.