Officially launched in July 2009 by European companies and backed by the Club of Rome and the Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation, Desertec's goal is to use 17,000 [km.
What does TREC stand for?
TREC stands for Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TREC
We have 49 other meanings of TREC in our Acronym Attic
- Telluride Real Estate Corporation (Colorado)
- Texas Real Estate Commission
- Text Retrieval and Evaluation Conference
- Text Retrieval Conference
- The Real Estate Club (various locations)
- The Real Estate Connectors (Atlanta, GA)
- Together Reaching Everyone through Christ (Naperville, Illinois)
- Trading Right Entitlement Certificate (Pakistan)
- Training Resources Electronic Catalog (DISA)
- Trans Resource and Empowerment Centre (UK)
- Treadmill Resistance Exercise Conditioning
- Tri-Rivers Educational Computer Association
- Tropical Renewable Energy Center (University of Indonesia)
- Tropical Research and Education Center
- Tri-Rivers Educational Computer Association (Marion, OH)
- Technology Research, Education and Commercialization Center
- Texas Real Estate Confidence Index
- Teaching Realistic Electronic Commerce Solutions (technology journal; Victoria, Australia)
- Test Request Execution Configuration System (software)
- Total Roamer Exchange Control System (billing software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The initiative has been spearheaded by the Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation, or TREC, a consortium led by the renowned "Club of Rome," which includes the German Aerospace Bureau and several universities in Europe and the Middle East.
Gerhard Knies, coordinator of the international Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation (TREC) network which developed the DESERTEC Concept in collaboration with scientists at the German Aerospace Center.