The aircraft's trailing edge flaps, hinged surfaces on the wing that help control the speed at which an aircraft can be safely flown, malfunctioned.
What does TEF stand for?
TEF stands for Trailing Edge Flap
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of TEF
We have 121 other meanings of TEF in our Acronym Attic
- Threat Evaluation Function
- Time-Energy-Frequency (acoustics)
- Toilet Extract Fan
- Tonnes of Equivalent Fuel
- Top Entry Flanged (ball type valves)
- Total Equipment Failure
- Tourism and Environment Forum (Scotland, UK)
- Toxicity Equivalency Factor
- Trace Elements in Food (symposium)
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Transcriptional Enhancer Factor
- Transfert Electronique de Fonds (French: Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Transient Energy Function
- Transportation Enhancement Fund (various locations)
- Transverse Electric Field
- Tritium Extraction Facility
- Thermic Effect of Food within 150 min
- Tanzania Environmental Friendly Association (est. 2009)
- Technology Education Federation of Australia
- Technology-Enhanced Formative Assessment (various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Those familiar with the FA-18E know that when the 64L is down, it swings into the path of the trailing edge flap (TEF).
com/prnh/20060403/SIKORSKYLOGO ) "The AATD/Sikorsky Active Rotor Team has accomplished a lofty goal: to demonstrate the functionality of a trailing edge flap and closed loop control system," said Chris VanBuiten, Director of Sikorsky Innovations.
In addition the new aircraft also offers enhancements to the leading and trailing edge flap systems for improved take-off and landing capability, and optional Blended Winglets and auxiliary fuel tanks that increase the range of the 737-900ER to 3,200 nautical miles (5,925 km).
The starboard trailing edge flap, starboard horizontal stabilizer and both engines sustained damage, but the aircraft was flyable.
GE's powered flight control units provide the VC-10 with drive to control the movements of wing aerodynamic surfaces such as leading edge slat panels and trailing edge flap panels.
2011-11-18 FA-18F Turn crew lowered flaps causing port trailing edge flap to impact open door 64L.
General Dynamics provides components for the aircraft, including winglets, leading and trailing edge flaps, landing gear/nose gear doors and radomes.