Forty-three percent of mothers interviewed after delivery reported having been assisted by a traditional birth attendant trained to use misoprostol and the delivery mat.
What does TBA stand for?
TBA stands for Traditional Birth Attendant
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TBA
We have 256 other meanings of TBA in our Acronym Attic
- Total Benefits Administration (a computerized benefits administration system designed by Hewitt Associates, LLC)
- Touched by Adoption
- Touched by an Angel
- Towards a Better Acronym (band)
- Towed Buoy Antenna
- Toyota Boshoku America (est. 1918)
- Trace-Back Algorithm
- Tracheobronchial Aspirate
- Tradd Bruce & Associates (Union, SC)
- Trade and Business Association
- Traditional Boat Association
- Trained Birth Attendant
- Training Better Artists Towards a Better Alaska (theater camp)
- Training Business Area
- Tram Boarding Area (Houston Space Center)
- Trans B
- Transport-Based Aircraft
- Traverse Bay Area (intermediate school district; Traverse City, MI)
- Tre Bokstavs Akronym
- Trenbolone Acetate (androgenic growth implant)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These workers then trained village health workers and traditional birth attendants and provided twice-yearly follow-up training and supervision.
Amie Wilson and her colleagues assessed the effectiveness of strategies incorporating training and support of traditional birth attendants on the outcomes of perinatal, neonatal, and maternal death in developing countries using a systematic review with meta-analysis.
Even if the traditional birth attendant knows certain moves, she needed drugs," the midwife said.
I also do a lot of community sensitisation work, using community and traditional leaders, and the training of Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) and Maternal and Child Health Aides.
Training traditional birth attendants One approach to improve pregnancy and delivery care at home has been to train existing traditional birth attendants (TBAs) in skills that will make their services safer.
[FIGURE OMITTED] It seems that Government of India's policy shift from home delivery conducted by traditional birth attendants to universal professional skilled birth attendance in a health facility has enhanced maternal survival.
And the McKelvies attended a graduation ceremony for nine women trained as traditional birth attendants.