East-West Trade Monitor reviews the latest developments surrounding trade remedies and dispute settlement, export controls, anti-bribery compliance, foreign investment, customs and duty management strategies, and intellectual property and the World Trade Organization (WTO) Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) agreement.
What does TRIP stand for?
TRIP stands for Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TRIP
We have 85 other meanings of TRIP in our Acronym Attic
- Tax Refund Intercept Program
- Telephony Routing Information Protocol
- Telephony Routing Over IP (IETF)
- Texas Researchers and Investigators of Paranormal
- The Road Information Program
- Thunderstorm Research International Project
- Tobacco Research and Intervention Program (H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute; Tampa, FL)
- Token Ring Interface Processor (Cisco 7000 series routers)
- Topic, Relationship, Identity, Process (conflict resolution)
- Toxic Release Inventory Program (EPA)
- TRAF (TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) Receptor-Associated Factor)-Interacting Protein (molecular biology)
- Traffic Response and Information Partnership
- Transaction Register Inquiry Program (Ford Motor Co)
- Transcontinental ISDN Project
- Transformation-Induced Plasticity (high strength steels)
- Transit and Rail Inspection Pilot (TSA)
- Translating Research Into Practice
- Transportation Regional Incentive Program (Florida)
- Transportation Remuneration Incentive Program (West Virginia)
- Transportation Resource & Information Partnership (Colorado Department of Transportation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Hardcover K1555 Written by de Carvalho (an official with the World Intellectual Property Organization), this is a legal commentary on the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (the TRIPS Agreement) that focuses on the impact of its provisions on trademarks and industrial designs.
India mostly exports off-patent generic drugs in conformity with the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS).
Kirk's report said that while China had put in place laws aimed at protecting intellectual property rights as required by the WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights or the TRIPS Agreement, "some critical reforms are still needed in a few areas.
KARACHI, October 02, 2009 (Balochistan Times): Pakistans ratification of proposed amendment in Article 31 of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) Agreement would allow the country to create mechanisms to grant compulsory license for production and export of patented pharmaceuticals to countries with insufficient manufacturing capacity.
Iran Readies for International Participation Taeb pointed out that C[pounds sterling]the new law has taken steps to address points that have been the subject of extensive international debateC[yen] related to the establishment of a universal patent treaty, and the World Trade Organization Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS).
China, which joined the WTO in 2001, has promised to observe the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights and has enacted relevant domestic laws.
A provision of the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights requires this information exchange when a WTO member country has doubts about another member's IPR laws enforcement.