Instead, they distanced themselves from the trade union movement to make themselves more electable in England - and the party in Scotland are now reaping the rewards.
What does TUM stand for?
TUM stands for Trade Union Movement (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TUM
We have 35 other meanings of TUM in our Acronym Attic
- Tag-Out Users Manual
- Teachers' Union of Malawi
- Technical University of Moldova
- Technical University of Munich (Munich, Germany)
- Technische Universität München (German University)
- Técnico en Urgencias Médicas (Spanish: Emergency Medical Technician)
- Telephone-based Unified Messsaging
- Terrain Update Module
- The Underground Movement
- Tracked Umbilical Machine
- Transports Urbains Mendois (French: Mendois Urban Transport; Mende, France)
- Transports Urbains Montluçonnais (French: Montluçon Urban Transport; Montluçon, France)
- Truck Utility Medium
- Tveit Union Musikkorps (Kristiansand, Norway)
- Target Under Missile Attack
- Thumb Up My Ass
- Tumacacori National Historic Park (US National Park Service)
- Taskforce of United Methodists on Abortion and Sexuality
- Towards User Modelling and Adaptive Systems for All (elearning)
- Tactical Unmanned Multirole Air Vehicle
Samples in periodicals archive:
au [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A sequel to Between Death and a Difficult Birth, a book written 10 years ago about the convulsive events of the "counter culture" of 1968 on the trade union movement and society generally, What is to be Done takes the debate further by suggesting solutions to the decline in membership and support for trade unions and the ALP.
HOW refreshing to see Labour Leader Ed Miliband at the Durham Miners' Gala to celebrate our links with the trade union movement and the wonderful spirit that still prevails in our former mining communities.
The sooner trade unionists wake up to the fact that they are being milked dry not only by the big bosses in this country but certainly by their own bosses within the trade union movement, the better.
Unfortunately part of the trade union movement is accepting the idea that they should share the burden of the crisis - They're working with the IMF and the World Bank," said Azouz.
Brendan Barber, the head of the Trades Union Congress (TUC, Britain's trade union movement, said Saturday's "March for the Alternative" would be the biggest protest it has organised for decades.
OSLO, March 14, 2011 (WAFA) -- The Norwegian trade union movement called for its government to recognize a Palestinian state on the 1967 borders and to boycott all settlement products in the West Bank.
Perhaps most importantly, general secretary of the GMB union which is backing him, who said he hoped Labour and the trade union movement could be "reunited.