Byline: MARIE LEVY A TEESSIDE mum is urging women to be more aware of the dangers of toxic shock syndrome 10 years after losing her teenage daughter to the condition.
What does TSS stand for?
TSS stands for Toxic Shock Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TSS
We have 487 other meanings of TSS in our Acronym Attic
- Total Site Solutions (Columbia, MD)
- Total Staffing Solutions (various locations)
- Total Standard Spending (UK)
- Total Support Service (various companies)
- Total Surround Sound
- Total Suspended Solids
- Total Symptoms Score
- Total System Services, Inc.
- Tout sauf Sarkozy (French: Everything but Sarkozy; political website)
- Tower Simulator System (Air Traffic Control tower training system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dear reader, TOXIC shock syndrome is a very rare condition in which a skin bacteria produces a toxin that can cause a huge drop in blood pressure and organ failure.
Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a severe illness associated with toxin-producing Staphylococcus aureus.
It provides rapid fragmentation to avoid the risk of infection and toxic shock syndrome.
But then you worry yourself silly about toxic shock syndrome (TSS).
Abstract: Nonmenstrual toxic shock syndrome (TSS) due to Staphylococcus aureus can lead to significant morbidity and mortality.
A pathologist's report read to the inquest at Llanelli Town Hall said the long day may have made Mr Ford 'more vulnerable' to the toxic shock syndrome which caused his death.
The boy and girl were just two of the children struck down by toxic shock syndrome in a list of strange cases revealed by doctors.