The manufacturer says that in addition to the explosives and narcotics detection capabilities of the standard MobileTrace product, the Hardened MobileTrace: "can detect and identify chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals that can be weaponized.
What does TIC stand for?
TIC stands for Toxic Industrial Chemical
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TIC
We have 356 other meanings of TIC in our Acronym Attic
- Toronto International Centre (Canada)
- Toshiba International Corporation Pty. Ltd (Australia)
- Total Inorganic Carbon
- Total Installed Cost (total cost of Engineering/Procurement/Construction, EPC)
- Total Investment Cost
- Total Ion Count
- Total Ion Current (mass spectrometry)
- Total Item Change
- Tottori Prefecture Information-Center (IBM; Japan)
- Tourist Information Center
- Toxicity Identified Compounds
- Toxicology Information Center
- Toyama International Center (Japan)
- Tracker Illuminator Console
- Trade and Investment Committee (various locations)
- Trade Information Center
- Traffic Information Centre
- Trainee Incident Commander (US FEMA)
- Training & Information Co-Ordination
- Training Implementation Checklist
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Canadian Department of National Defence and Defence Research and Development Canada, who were involved with the original development of RSDL, will work with the company to evaluate the chemical's ability to neutralize or remove specific toxic industrial chemicals and will verify its safety and effectiveness as a decontaminant for a variety of industrial chemicals and solvents.
Haq said instead of mixing the paracetamol with propylene glycol, which is used as a solvent in paracetamol syrup, the drug maker added the toxic industrial chemical because it is ten times cheaper.
Many toxic industrial chemicals, such us organochlorines, are stored in fat cells and escape into the bloodstream when those cells shrink during weight loss.
This technology can be used in many ways, including detection of chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial chemicals, and other chemical agents that may be used by terrorists," said Pompeii, head of the NSWCDD Chemical-Biological (CB) Defense Division.
The RAID-AFM is designed to monitor large buildings and facilities for accidents or attacks involving toxic industrial chemicals or chemical warfare agents.
Nigeria on Thursday alerted the public about the presence in west Africa of a consignment of Chinese powdered milk contaminated by melamine, a toxic industrial chemical.
Though apparently unrelated, all these episodes involved populations that carried high burdens of toxic organochlorines -- such as PCBs and dioxins -- in their bodies or that lived in waters polluted with high quantities of toxic industrial chemicals.