The manufacturer says that in addition to the explosives and narcotics detection capabilities of the standard MobileTrace product, the Hardened MobileTrace: "can detect and identify chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals that can be weaponized.
What does TIC stand for?
TIC stands for Toxic Industrial Chemical
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TIC
We have 356 other meanings of TIC in our Acronym Attic
- Toronto International Centre (Canada)
- Toshiba International Corporation Pty. Ltd (Australia)
- Total Inorganic Carbon
- Total Installed Cost (total cost of Engineering/Procurement/Construction, EPC)
- Total Investment Cost
- Total Ion Count
- Total Ion Current (mass spectrometry)
- Total Item Change
- Tottori Prefecture Information-Center (IBM; Japan)
- Tourist Information Center
- Toxicity Identified Compounds
- Toxicology Information Center
- Toyama International Center (Japan)
- Tracker Illuminator Console
- Trade and Investment Committee (various locations)
- Trade Information Center
- Traffic Information Centre
- Trainee Incident Commander (US FEMA)
- Training & Information Co-Ordination
- Training Implementation Checklist
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Canadian Department of National Defence and Defence Research and Development Canada, who were involved with the original development of RSDL, will work with the company to evaluate the chemical's ability to neutralize or remove specific toxic industrial chemicals and will verify its safety and effectiveness as a decontaminant for a variety of industrial chemicals and solvents.
Once fully developed, the sensor could be useful in detecting high exposures to toxic industrial chemicals that pose serious health risks in the workplace or through accidental exposure.
This technology can be used in many ways, including detection of chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial chemicals, and other chemical agents that may be used by terrorists," said Pompeii, head of the NSWCDD Chemical-Biological (CB) Defense Division.
PCBs, a toxic industrial chemical used by several plant sites in the Los Angeles area, also were discharged into the sewer system.
Lightweight Non-Radioactive Chemical Detector Identifies Presence of Chemical Warfare Agents and Toxic Industrial Chemicals to Help Save Troops' Lives
The SABRE 4000, a next-generation handheld detector that can identify more than 40 different narcotics, explosives, chemical warfare agents, and toxic industrial chemicals, has been introduced by Smiths Detection of Pine Brook, New Jersey.
Most countries have regulatory agencies explicitly charged with protecting the environment from pesticides and other potentially toxic industrial chemicals.