The toxicological studies showed that the tea filters could significantly reduce the carcinogenic materials such as tar, free radicals, nitrosamine, benzo[a]pyrene, benzo[a]anthracene, chrysene and total polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) generated in cigarette smoking.
What does TPAH stand for?
TPAH stands for Total Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Teachers' Pension and Annuity Fund
- Test Payload Attach Fitting
- Tibet Poverty Alleviation Fund (est. 1998)
- Tracy Performing Arts Foundation (Tracy, CA)
- Training and Productivity Authority of Fiji
- Technical Presales Advisory Group (Microsoft)
- Threatened Plant Action Group (Australia)
- Touchez Pas Au Grisbi (French band)
- Transmission Pricing Advisory Group (est. 2004; Electricity Commission; New Zealand)
- Thermally Pulsing Asymptotic Giant Branch
- Teacher Performance Appraisal Instrument (various locations)
- Technosocial Predictive Analytics Initiative
- The Publishing Agency International (Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.)
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor
- Terra People Association Kanagawa (Kanagawa, Japan)
- Third Party Automation Kit
- Tingkat Partisipasi Angkatan Kerja (Indonesian: Labor Force Participation Rate; Indonesia)
- Teen Parents and the Law (Silver Spring, MD)
- Term infants, Premature infants, Abortions, Living children (medical)
- Third Party Abstraction Layer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The examination of the urine samples and evaluating questionnaires showed no major difference in the levels of all four markers: cotinine and trans-3'-hydroxycotinine (two markers of nicotine intake); and total 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-butanol and total polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (two classes of carcinogens).