The study also analyzed total organic halides (TOX), a group that includes THMs, HAAs, and other organic halides that may not have been identified individually.
What does TOX stand for?
TOX stands for Total Organic Halides
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TOX
We have 2 other meanings of TOX in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Oceanographic Warfare Support program
- Take Off Warning System (aviation)
- Threats, Opportunities, Weakness, and Strengths (usually seen as SWOT)
- TIROS Operational Vertical Sounder
- Train Operation Warning System (railways)
- Two One-Way Tickets to Broadway Productions (Edmonton, Canada)
- Tales of Xillia (video game)
- Thermal Oxide
- Toronto XML (Extensible Markup Language; Toronto, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The work did suggest, however, that brominated compounds and total organic halides at normal-range levels in purified drinking water might modestly increase the risk of miscarriages.