The patient was scheduled to undergo a total laryngectomy 1 week later, but she did not report for surgery.
What does TL stand for?
TL stands for Total Laryngectomy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TL
We have 69 other meanings of TL in our Acronym Attic
- Time Limited
- Time Lord (fictional race; Doctor Who)
- Time of Launch
- Timor Leste (East Timor, ISO code; formerly TP)
- Tintin Licensing (Belgium)
- Tomorrowland (Disneyland)
- Top Level
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 4 OMITTED] DISCUSSION Total laryngectomy is routinely practiced in cases of advanced pharyngolaryngeal cancer, when partial surgery or an organ preservation protocol (radiochemotherapy) is impossible or likely to fail.
CASE HISTORY Our patient was a 73-year-old man who underwent a total laryngectomy, primary tracheo-oesophageal puncture and neck dissection followed by radiotherapy 18 years earlier for management of squamous cell carcinoma extending from the base of his tongue into his larynx.
2) A 51-year-old male was diagnosed with locally advanced supraglottic larynx cancer, and total laryngectomy and left radical neck lymph node dissection was performed 4 years prior.
Noting that he had undergone total laryngectomy for cancer 7 years earlier, Monaco wrote, ".
One of the consequences of total laryngectomy is the complete loss of voice due to the removal of the vocal mechanism.
The main product category is rehabilitation tools for patients who have undergone a total laryngectomy, which is the surgical removal of the larynx (voicebox).
One participant received a total laryngectomy following chemoradiation treatment failure .