The majority of the pharmaceutical components listed in the FDA document utilize the total Kjeldahl Nitrogen test to determine nitrogen content.
What does TKN stand for?
TKN stands for Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TKN
We have 5 other meanings of TKN in our Acronym Attic
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Limited
- Tactical Key Management System (WIN-T Army program)
- ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (Germany)
- Turn-Key Modular Systems, Inc. (Canada)
- Toronto Kickboxing and Muay Thai Academy (martial arts)
- Takanini (suburb of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Telecare Knowledge Network (care provider forum)
- Thyssenkrupp Nirosta GmbH (German stainless steel producer)
- Tokyo Kaijo Nichido (Japanese: Tokyo Marine & Nichido Facilities)
- Tongil Korea Net
Samples in periodicals archive:
Total Kjeldahl nitrogen (TKN) was determined in unfiltered water runoff samples and dissolved Kjeldahl nitrogen (DKN) was determined in filtered (45 gm) runoff by methods similar to those for soils, except a block digestion was used for water.
Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen concentration showed a tendency to increase with time (average values 15.
The half-life for reduction in concentration (recovery) following the cessation of grazing was 23 days for total P and 8-26 days for total Kjeldahl nitrogen (TKN).
Carbon and nitrogen loadings, pH, and hydraulic loading (HL), with resulting nitrogen and carbon loading on areal basis TOC, total organic carbon; DOC, dissolved organic carbon; TKN, total Kjeldahl nitrogen Treatment TOC DOC TKN N[H.
There was approximately a 76 percent conversion of total Kjeldahl nitrogen (TKN) to nitrates/nitrites and practically complete denitrification in the submerged gravel filter.
10 to 179 10(***) Total dissolved solids 3,170 672 to 6,944 500(**) Total Kjeldahl nitrogen 1.
This preliminary study analyzed six years of groundwater quality data from seven dairy feedlots and found elevated levels of - nitrate, - ammonia, - chloride, - total Kjeldahl nitrogen (TKN), and - total dissolved solids (TDS).