5 year research project involving Toyota and NASCAR using Total HUman Model for Safety (THUMS) ANN ARBOR, Mich.
What does THUMS stand for?
THUMS stands for Total Human Model for Safety (Toyota)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Truly Honored Under God (ministry)
- Truly Humbled under God
- Trying Hard Under God
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (video game)
- Trues Humbly United Gathering Souls (Flesh N Bone)
- Temperature Humidity USB (Universal Serial Bus) Monitor
- Tiny Humans Underground Military Bureau (Tom of Thumb)
- Tribal Hindu Unreligious Muslim Buddhist (mnemonic for the five largest non-Christian believing groups)
- The HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol URL (Universal Resource Locator) Mapping Protocol
- Teddy Hurling Ultra Microwave Powered Ejection Rifle (Kids Next Door show)
- The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves (1960s comics)
- Thin Layer Unimorph Driver and Sensor
- The Highly-Unoptimized Rasterizer Project (software)
- The Human Roles In Space
- Turkish-Hellenic Union Solutions
- Thyroid Hormone Uptake Test
- Time-Hopping Ultra-Wide Band
- Taille-Hüft Verhältnis (German: Waist-Hip Ratio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This innovation is the result of testing and verification using both conventional crash-test dummies and Toyota's Total Human Model for Safety (THUMS) virtual model.
The panel identified the following as the top 25 submissions-five ideas inspired by each of the Toyota technologies featured in the Ideas for Good program: Total HUman Model for Safety (T.