Children who weighed more as babies had greater brain surface area in multiple regions and greater total brain volume than healthy babies who weighed less," the research, led by Kristine B.
What does TBV stand for?
TBV stands for Total Brain Volume
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TBV
We have 32 other meanings of TBV in our Acronym Attic
- Tear Break-Up Time (eye teardrop testing)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking
- Taken Bevoegdheden Verantwoordelijkheden (Dutch)
- Tangible Book Value
- Ten Behoeve Van (Dutch)
- Texas Border Volunteers (Waxahachie, TX)
- The Big Valley (US TV show; 1965-1969)
- The Black Vault
- To Be Verified
- Total Blood Volume
- Transaction-Based Verification
- Transmission-Blocking Vaccines
- Trout Brook Valley (Connecticut nature preserve)
- Trust But Verify
- Turbine Bypass Valve
- Türk Böbrek Vakfi (Turkish: Turkish Kidney Foundation)
- Turn- und Ballspielverein (German handball team)
- Toronto Burlesque and Vaudeville Alliance (est. 2003; Canada)
- Tampa Bay Vizsla Club (Tampa Bay, FL)
- Transkei, Bophuthatswana, Venda and Ciskei (South African states)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Methylmalonate, a specific marker of Bl2 deficiency, may affect cognition by reducing total brain volume whereas the effect of homocysteine (nonspecific to vitamin Bl 2 deficiency) on cognitive performance may be mediated through increased white matter hyperintensity and cerebral infarcts.
At baseline, their age averaged 82 years, their 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure averaged 126/66 mmHg, and their average amount of brain white matter hyperintensity, a marker of brain damage, was 1% of their total brain volume.
tissue sliced along the horizontal plane) comprising approximately 25 percent of total brain volume.
BPF calculates the amount of brain tissue as a ratio of the total brain volume.
NASDAQ: AXYX) today reported an analysis of results suggesting stabilization of total brain volume and brain parenchymal fraction of mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients treated with Phenserine 10mg or 15mg twice daily (BID) for 26-weeks.
An average of four-and-a-half years later, MRI scans of the participants' brains were taken to measure total brain volume and look for other signs of brain damage.
For every one standard deviation increase in cardiac index, the total brain volume (measured as a percentage of total cranial volume) increased by 0.