To the Editor: Toscana virus (TOSV; genus Phlebovirus, family Bunyaviridae) is transmitted by sandflies, mostly the species Phlebotomus perniciosus and P.
What does TOSV stand for?
TOSV stands for Toscana Virus
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TOSV
- Taipei Open Source Software User Group (Taiwan)
- Tactical Operations Serveradmin Tool (gaming)
- Tactical Overwatch Support Team
- THORPEX (The Observing System Research and Predictability Experiment) Observing System Test (meteorology)
- Time of Sale or Transfer Program (real estate)
- Turbine Oil Stability Test
- Two One-Sided Test
- The Open Source Technology Alliance
- The Optimisation of Sweet Taste Quality (European Union)
- The Ohio State University
- Town of Snowmass Village (Colorado)
- Triple Offset Segment Valve
- Thermo-Optic Switch
- True Osteoid Seam Width
- Test of Silent Word Reading Fluency
- Touro Synagogue National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Turun Opiskelijoiden Sosialidemokraattinen Yhdistys (Finnish: Social Democratic Students' Association of Turku; Turku, Finland)
- Turkish Foundation for Small and Medium Business
- Talk of the Town
- Task Order Team (Defense Logistics Agency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NICE, FRANCE -- The Toscana virus has been identified for the first time in sandflies from southern France.
The following viruses were considered: human enterovirus (HEV), herpesviruses, Toscana virus (TOSV), mumps virus, phleboviruses, flaviviruses, arenaviruses, and adenoviruses.
To the Editor: Toscana virus (TOSV) is a serotype of Sandfly fever Naples virus (SFNV) within the family Bunyaviridae and the genus Phlebovirus.
Toscana virus (TOSV) belongs to the family Bunyaviridae and genus Phlebovirus.
To the Editor: Toscana virus (TOSV) causes acute meningitis and meningoencephalitis in Mediterranean countries (1).
Recent attention has been drawn to Toscana virus (family Bunyaviridae, genus Phlebovirus, species Sandfly fever Naples virus') in countries surrounding the Mediterranean because the virus causes meningitis during summer.
Toscana virus (TOSV), an arthropodborne phlebovirus transmitted by sandflies, can cause febrile illness and meningitis.