This kind of hierarchy is especially useful for smaller schematics; if there is only one page of circuitry representing a board design, it can be broken down into any number of blocks without requiring that the circuits be broken up into separate sheets with one top level design to contain the block symbols.
What does TLD stand for?
TLD stands for Top Level Design
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TLD
We have 82 other meanings of TLD in our Acronym Attic
- The Living Daylights (James Bond Movie)
- The Living Dead
- Thermal Luminosity Device
- Thermoluminescent Detector
- Thermoluminescent Dosimeter
- Thermoluminescent Dosimetry
- Third-Level Domain
- Third-Location Decompression (National Defence and Canadian Forces)
- Time Lag Discrimination
- Top Level Demonstration
- Top-Level Domain (Internet)
- Tous les Drivers (French: All Drivers)
- Townside, Longside, Downside (East Belfast Scouts, UK)
- Traffic Loading Device
- Tramigo Landmark Data (Finland)
- Transport and Logistics Data Set
- Troy Lee Designs (racing merchandise retailer; Corona, CA)
- Twin Lamb Disease (metabolic condition)
- Typical Language Development
- TaqMan Low Density Array
Samples in periodicals archive:
Together with a top level design team, we came up with Mojo-a creative collection of backpacks and satchels which offer both classic and out-of-the-box never before seen bags," said Russo.
In standard Diamond design flow, tool called configurer generates top level design for FPGA based on the file describing topology of the system (how processors and FPGAs are connected together and what interfaces are used), tasks placement and channel connection.
IC Wizard lets you work with a top down black box approach (and budgeting), that allows you to perform concurrent top level design and block design.