The brief session, which lasted about 15 pitches, is thought to be a milestone in his recovery from offseason Tommy John surgery.
What does TJS stand for?
TJS stands for Tommy John Surgery (baseball pitcher's damaged elbow)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TJS
We have 29 other meanings of TJS in our Acronym Attic
- Texoma Junior Rodeo Association (Texas)
- Toney Johnson Real Estate (Homer, LA)
- Tribunal de Justiça do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese: Court for the State of Rio de Janeiro)
- Thailand-Japan Rubber Symposium (est. 2007)
- Total Joint Replacement Surgery
- Tactical Jamming System
- Taipei Japanese School (Taiwan)
- Tajikistan Somoni (ISO currency code)
- The Jazz Session (blog and podcast)
- The Jewellery Store (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Tucson Jazz Society (Arizona)
- Tyrolean Jet Services (Austria)
- Tribal Jurisdiction Statistical Area (US Census Bureau)
- Tribal Jurisdictional Service Area (Cherokee Nation; Oklahoma)
- Tribal Justice Statistics Assistance Center
- Teknik Janakuasa Sdn Bhd (Indonesian: Janakuasa Engineering Sdn Bhd; est. 1993; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Thane Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd (India)
- Teachers of Japanese in Southern California
- The James Street Group (Austin, Texas)
- The Jus Semper Global Alliance (Moorpark, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New York Yankees relief pitcher Joba Chamberlain has a torn elbow ligament and will likely undergo Tommy John surgery, taking him off the roster for a year.
A substantial percentage also believed that control and velocity of pitches would be improved by having a Tommy John Surgery performed.
Yesterday, Crawford had Tommy John surgery in Pensacola, Fla.
Although Saito probably will be the favorite to keep his job next spring, he will get plenty of competition from Broxton, Tomko and perhaps Yhency Brazoban, who is expected to be fully recovered from Tommy John surgery by the start of camp.
Byline: Bill Ballou BOSTON - The Red Sox are about to complete a Tommy John surgery hat trick.
``More kids are having Tommy John surgery today and it's sad.
The Worcester starter has experienced a resurgence in his comeback from undergoing not one, but two ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction surgeries - more commonly known as Tommy John surgery - and yesterday Mattox was scratched from his scheduled start because his contract was purchased by the Kansas City Royals.