After arriving at Prague Castle, the coffin was placed on a horse-drawn gun carriage also used for the funeral of the first Czechoslovak president, Tomas Garrigue Masaryk, in 1937.
What does TGM stand for?
TGM stands for Tomas Garrigue Masaryk (first president of the Republic of Czechoslovakia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TGM
We have 85 other meanings of TGM in our Acronym Attic
- Technologisches Gewerbe Museum (school for higher technical education in Vienna)
- Television Guided Missile
- Telsiz Genel Müdürlügü
- Terminally Guided Munition
- Territory General Manager
- Tetris the Grand Master (puzzle game)
- The Games Machine (Italianvideogame review site)
- The Great Milenko
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School (Chula Vista, Ca)
- Tirgu Mures, Romania - Tirgu Mures (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A little less than a century ago, the first president of Czechoslovakia, Tomas Garrigue Masaryk, expressed that two generations or sixty years would pass before the newly-constitued democratic state of Czechoslovakia saw real democracy.
A case study of this phenomenon is presented here, which examines how Tomas Garrigue Masaryk and Karel Baxa took part in a public debate during the Hilsner affair and thereby competed for the right to define Czech values and speak for the Czech nation.