In a research partnership developed over the past two years, the Tiwi Land Council Rangers, the Tiwi College and CSIRO are working together to explore livelihood opportunities for managing tire to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while maintaining the special biodiversity values of the Tiwi Islands.
What does TLC stand for?
TLC stands for Tiwi Land Council (statutory authority representing Aboriginal Owners of Tiwi Islands)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TLC
We have 729 other meanings of TLC in our Acronym Attic
- Thin Layer Chromatography
- Think Less Conventional
- Thinking through Literature and Culture (Israel)
- Thomas Lutheran Church (various locations)
- Three Letter Code
- Through-Life Cost (financial management)
- Thunderbird Language Center (AGSIM, Glendale, AZ, USA)
- Timber Lake Camp (Shandaken, NY)
- Time to Line Crossing (driver risk indicator)
- Tiny Loving Canines (Simi Valley, CA)
- Toastmasters Learning Center
- Toby Lloyd Cockbain (foundation; UK)
- Today's Lifestyle Church (UK)
- Todd, Leah & Company (blog)
- Tokyo Lighthouse Church (Tokyo, Canada)
- Tokyu Land Corporation (Japan)
- Tol Leadership Council (Minneapolis, MN)
- Tomatoes, Lettuce, and Cheese
- Toongabbie Legal Centre (Australia)
- Top Left Corner
Samples in periodicals archive:
Great Southern Plantations (GSP), a WA based 'plantation' logging company is in the process of taking over Sylvatech Ltd, which has an agreement with the Tiwi Land Council allowing it to clear up to 26,000 hectares of beautiful native forest on Melville Is.
More plausible explanations may be consistent with doubts raised by the Tiwi Land Council about the accuracy of census counts (Commonwealth of Australia 1992), particularly given that the Aboriginal population generally in the Northern Territory continued to rise at around 3 per cent a year over the same period.