And, in 2004, the mega-lumber company MAXXAM paid $300,000 to finance a recall of the district attorney after he initiated a lawsuit against its subsidiary Pacific Lumber, alleging the company had submitted false data on timber harvest plans.
What does THPS stand for?
THPS stands for Timber Harvest Plans
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of THPS
We have 1 other meaning of THPS in our Acronym Attic
- Tris-hydroxymethylphosphine oxide
- Texas Hispanic Peace Officers Association
- Tung Hup Palm Oil Mill Sdn Bhd
- Thyreotoxic Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis (internal medicine)
- Transitional Housing Placement Program
- Total Hepatic Parenchymal Ratio
- Total Hip Prosthesis Replacement
- Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District (Beaverton, Oregon)
- Tetrakis Hydroxymethyl Phosphonium Sulfate (water treatment)
- Thüringer Post Service (Thuringian Post Services, Germany)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater (Playstation game)
- Tweed Heads Public School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (game)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (video game)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Original
- Time-Hopped Pulse Train
- Tehsil Headquarters (Pakistan)
- Territorial Headquarters
- The Holy Quran
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study included 607 timber harvest plans (THPs) with a median acreage of 73 acres.
In theory, this means that the Roadless Rule should have little effect on timber harvest plans for the first year or two.
To maximize the effectiveness of the DIP financing and to take into account the dramatically adverse market conditions facing the lumber market overall, combined with the failure of the regional water quality control board to release timber harvest plans that have been approved by all other agencies governing forest management in California, the company announced that they will impose a 30 day "market downtime" suspension of sawmill operations in Scotia.
Thus, when the US Forest Service developed its overly ambitious timber harvest plans for Montana's National Forests in the 1980s, more than 80 percent of these roadless areas were found unsuitable for commercial timber harvest.
The EBMUD appeal, filed with the USFS in San Francisco on April 16, noted that when approving the sale the forest service failed to consider other timber harvest plans scheduled by Georgia Pacific Corp.
7 million to perform reviews of timber harvest plans (Department of Fish and Game).
Scotia is required to file Timber Harvest Plans (THPs) that conform to regulations and meet approval of the California Department of Forestry prior to the harvesting of any timber.