As leader of the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front, he came to power after the overthrow of the Marxist Derg regime in 1991, becoming Africa's youngest leader at the age of 36.
What does TPLF stand for?
TPLF stands for Tigrayan People's Liberation Front (political party in Ethiopia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TPLF
We have 2 other meanings of TPLF in our Acronym Attic
- Tin Pot Little Country
- total pasture larval counts
- Total Product Life Cycle Model (public health strategic plan)
- Turning Point Learning Center (Emporia, KS)
- Two-Phase Liquid Culture
- Team Play Learning Dynamics (games-based learning)
- Toulon Public Library District (Illinois)
- Tallahasseans for Practical Law Enforcement
- Teachers' Professional Learning Framework (UK)
- Texts, Periodicals and Legal Forms (database; various states)
- The Public Library For Union County (Lewisburg, PA)
- Tickets per Labor Hour (business goals)
- Time Propagation Low High
- Traffic per Labor Hour (business metric)
- Tri-Point Lacing Harness
- Texas Principals Leadership Initiative (education)
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Tuna Point Lighthouse Inc. (Maunabo, PR)
- T-Cell Prolymphocytic Leukaemia
- Transmitter Phase Lock Loop Set
Samples in periodicals archive:
foreign policy experts like Henze advised the American government to invest in the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front (TPLF) and dismissed the relevance of the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) and other liberation fronts in the Ethiopian Empire.
Berhe, formerly of the Tigrayan People's Liberation Front, said that the current Ethiopian prime minister, Meles Zenawi, who was then the leader of the Tigray Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF), divided the funds up among rebel groups.