Pulmonary thrombo-embolic disease (PTED) might also be a complicating feature of the anti-phospholipid syndrome.
What does TED stand for?
TED stands for Thrombo-Embolic Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TED
We have 158 other meanings of TED in our Acronym Attic
- Text Editor
- Textile Engineering Division (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- The Editorial Department (Tucson, AZ)
- The Electrical Distributor (magazine; National Association of Electrical Distributors, Inc.)
- The Emperor's Decree
- Thermoelectric Device
- Thisted, Denmark - Thisted (Airport Code)
- Threat Environment Defense
- Threat Environment Description
- Threshold Erythema Dose
- Thrombo-Embolism Deterrent
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Tiered Electronic Distribution (Novell ZENWorks)
- Time and Event Driven (software)
- Time Exposed to Danger (risk assessment)
- Timing Error Detector
- Tiny Editor
- Tokyo Electron Device (semiconductors; Tokyo, Japan)
- Tooheys Extra Dry (Australian beer)
- Torrent Episode Downloader (file sharing software; Niue)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics addressed by the volume's 30 chapters are timing and method of soft tissues reconstruction in patients with IIIb tibial fractures, management of necrotizing fasciitis, the relationship between increasing body mass index and complications in plastic surgery, prophylaxis to prevent venous thrombo-embolic disease in plastic surgery patients, improving outcomes in pediatric burns, biological skin substitutes, sentinel lymph node biopsy in melanoma, prognostic indicators in adult soft tissues sarcoma, monitoring of microvascular free tissue transfers, immediate versus delayed breast reconstruction, surgical rejuvenation of the aging neck, and fibrin sealant in plastic surgery.
Dabigatran etexilate, developed by Boehringer Ingelheim, is currently being evaluated in a number of thrombo-embolic disease indications in an extensive, global Phase III clinical trial program.
Heparin is currently the anticoagulant of choice for the prevention and treatment of thrombo-embolic disease in pregnancy because it does not cross the placenta.
today announced that it initiated dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating APD791, Arena's orally administered, internally discovered drug candidate intended for the treatment of arterial thrombo-embolic diseases.
Under the terms of the agreements, VARIAGENICS has granted the companies worldwide non-exclusive rights to commercialize several test formats to detect polymorphisms within the MTHFR gene for applications including the assessment of thrombo-embolic disease risk.
These areas include disorders of the central nervous system, cancer, thrombo-embolic diseases, management of diabetes and metabolic disorders, and vaccines.
Under one agreement, Variagenics granted ARUP Laboratories non-exclusive rights to commercialize home brew tests for MTHFR allele testing associated with increased thrombo-embolic disease risk.