Charlotte was Britain's first child to suffer from thoracic insufficiency syndrome (TIS).
What does TIS stand for?
TIS stands for Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TIS
We have 356 other meanings of TIS in our Acronym Attic
- Test Instruction Sheet
- Test Item Simulator
- Textile Information System (Pty) Ltd
- Thai Industrial Standard
- The Information Society (various locations)
- The Inside Story
- The Internet Society
- Theater Intelligence Section (US Navy)
- Thermal Imaging System
- This Is Sparta
- Thursday Island, Queensland, Australia - Horn Island (Airport Code)
- Ticket Issuing System
- Time In Service
- Time Information System
- Timer Interrupt Switch
- Tohoku International School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tokyo Illustrators Society (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tolerance Index System (EPA)
- Tool Induced Shift (semiconductors)
- Total Impervious Surface
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also known as the Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib (VEPTR), the adjustable titanium rib is designed to treat Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome in skeletally immature patients.
The Bethesda youngster was Britain's first child to suffer from thoracic insufficiency syndrome (TIS).