Patent 6,639,466 was awarded for a RF PA circuit that produces a RF output signal containing a third-order intermodulation distortion product.
What does IMD3 stand for?
IMD3 stands for Third-Order Intermodulation Distortion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Internet Marketing and Development (Lockport, IL)
- Internet Multimedia Development
- Interstage Membrane Dehydrator
- Intima-Media-Dicke (German cardiology term)
- Invasive Meningococcal Disease
- Involuntary Movement Disorder (neurology)
- Integrated Mechanical Diagnostic Health and Usage Management System
- Integrated Mechanical Diagnostic Health and Usage Monitoring System
- Interactive Missile Design/Web-Based Design Environment
- Second-Order Intermodulation Distortion
- Fifth-Order Inter-Modulation Distortion
- Improved Maximal Diagnosis Algorithm
- Independent Medical Distributors Association
- Indirect Management Delegation Agreement (EU)
- International Management Development Association
- Internet Media Device Alliance
- Irish Medical Devices Association (Ireland)
- Irish Music and Dance Association
- Independent Mechanical Detailers Association of America
- Institute of Management Development Alumni Associates
Samples in periodicals archive:
IDT's new Zero-Distortion[TM] base transceiver station (BTS) diversity mixer offers improved system third-order intermodulation distortion (IM3) performance with reduced power consumption, covering the 450 MHz, Long-term Evolution (LTE) and extended global system for mobile communications (EGSM) frequency range.
Requiring a 5V supply voltage, the part utilizes a two wire interface and provides a conversion gain of 10dB, a low 8dB noise figure, and third-order intermodulation distortion products less than -53dBc.
The device features distortion ratings significantly better than those of competing devices, including a third-order intermodulation distortion (IMD3) of -95 dB below the carrier (dBc), and a third-order output intercept point (OIP3) of 50 dB per milliwatt (dBm) at 30 MHz.