Likewise, the United States gave considerable assistance to the Kosovo Liberation Army -- a Muslim terrorist group financed by the Third World Relief Agency, through which bin Laden and others funneled $350 million -- and its twin, the National Liberation Army in Macedonia.
What does TWRA stand for?
TWRA stands for Third World Relief Agency
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TWRA
We have 1 other meaning of TWRA in our Acronym Attic
- Tom Walkinshaw Racing
- Torre Di Controllo d'Aerodromo (Italian: Aerodrome Control Tower, Italy)
- Total Wrestling Revolution
- Tower Water Return
- Trailer Weight Rating
- Trans World Radio (Monte Carlo)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (university scheduling)
- Tyne and Wear (UK)
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
- Trans-Pacific Westbound Rate Agreement
- Traffic Management Workload Reporting and Productivity System
- Tapio Wirkkala Rut Bryk Foundation (Finland)
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission
- Texas Water Rights Commission (now Texas Water Development Board; est. 1957)
- Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition (Houston, TX)
- The White Rabbit Company, Inc. (El Cajon, CA)
- Third Ward Redevelopment Council (Houston, TX)
- Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation (Canada; now Waterfront Toronto)
- Tank Waste Remediation Commitment Tracking System
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the "charitable" front groups used to break the arms embargo, notes a 1997 briefing paper compiled by the Senate Republican Policy Committee, was a Sudan-based entity called the Third World Relief Agency (TWRA).