1) Efforts to visualise the patency of a third ventriculostomy begin with the detection of a flow void in the floor of the third ventricle on T2-weighted MR images and later confirmation with the use of cine 2-dimensional (2D) phase-contrast (PC) MR images.
What does 3V stand for?
3V stands for Third Ventricle (neuroscience)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of 3V
- Internal Delivery Teletype (US Navy)
- Stop/Search Car/Person (police incident code; New Zealand)
- 3-Tier Architecture
- Dideoxythiacytidine (antiviral drug)
- Lamivudine (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Tungsten, Tin, Tantalum, Gold (minerals)
- Three Traditional Tribal Groups (Australia)
- Third Universal Player
- Staff Visit/Supervision (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Three-Vessel Disease (cardiology)
- Three-Valued Logic
- Third Vice President
- Three-Version Programming (software reliability)
- Watching/Observations (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Three-Way Doherty Power Amplifier (electrical engineering)
- 3-Way Calling
- Three-Way Call
- Third World First (national student organization)
- Waved Welded Wire Fabric
Samples in periodicals archive:
When normal bone marrow cells that produce BDNF are injected into the third ventricle (a fluid-filled cavity in the brain) of mice that lack BDNF, they no longer have the urge to overeat, said Chan.
While they usually arise in the fourth ventricle in adults (60%), they have also been described in the lateral and third ventricles as well as in the spinal cord (2).
Obstruction of the third ventricle can result in acute intracranial hemorrhaging, herniation, coma, and death.
neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis) Myelination Dysmyelination Coronal: * Transfrontal: interhemispheric fissure, frontal cortex in front of lateral ventricles, orbita, sphenoid * Transcaudate: genu corpus callosum, cavum septi pellucidi, frontal horn of lateral ventricles, caudate nucleus, Sylvian sulcus * Transthalamic: thalami, third ventricle, atrium lateral ventricle with choroid plexus * Transcerebellar (via posterior fontanelle): posterior horn of lateral ventricles, tentorium, cerebellar hemispheres and vermis.
In the present case, the presence of this type of kidney tumor, hydrocephalus, and a mass beneath the third ventricle may indicate that the patient has tuberous sclerosis.
After 20 days, animals in groups 1 and 3 received a daily infusion of 1 [micro]g galanin and groups 2 and 4 received a daily infusion of 2 [micro]g galanin into their third ventricle for 5 days.
Treatment Options Optimal treatment of a colloid cyst of the third ventricle remains somewhat controversial.