The samples were analyzed for their peroxide value and measured for thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS).
What does TBARS stand for?
TBARS stands for Thiobarbituric Acid Reactive Substances
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TBARS
We have 2 other meanings of TBARS in our Acronym Attic
- Toddler Behavior Assessment Questionnaire
- That Boy Ain't Right
- Thiobarbituric Acid-Reactive
- Throw Book Across Room
- True Blue Animal Rescue (Brenham, TX)
- Twin Buttes Alpaca Ranch (Miles, TX)
- Tampa Bay Area Racing Association (Florida)
- Tampa Bay Area Relocation Council (Florida)
- ThunderBird Amateur Radio Club (Phoenix, AZ)
- Treasury Building and Annex Repair and Restoration (US Treasury)
- Tiberium-Based Armor Reinforcement Substance
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit (Florida, USA)
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority
- Tampa Bay Aquarium Society (est. 1992; Tampa, FL)
- Tampa Book Arts Studio (Florida)
- Tchoukball Association of Singapore
- Tertiary Butylacrylamide Sulfonic Acid (dental materials)
- Test of Basic Aviation Skills
- Tetrabutylammonium Sulfate
- The Big Adventure Store (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
MEASUREMENTS: We measured thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS), total antioxidant status (TAS), superoxide dismutase (SOD), and glutation peroxidase (GPx); BMD was obtained on DXA of hip and spine before and after the 12-month treatment period with supplementation of vitamins C and E.
Thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) measurement
Results show that adding the extract to raw ground beef before it is cooked significantly inhibits the formation of peroxides and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in the cooked product during refrigerated storage.
placebo after 6 months: thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (3.
Thiobarbituric acid reactive substances are increased in the subcutaneous fat tissue of patients with end-stage renal disease.
Thiobarbituric acid reactive substances, total glutathione and superoxide dismutase were assayed in liver homogenate and showed a positive correlation with verrucarin J metabolism after two, four, six and eight weeks.
The blood test will measure thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS), which are the indicators of oxidative stress.