The Potomac Gorge - the 15-mile section of the Potomac River between Great Falls and Theodore Roosevelt Island - is one of the most significant natural areas in the entire National Park System but is threatened by population growth and land use changes in its watershed.
What does THIS stand for?
THIS stands for Theodore Roosevelt Island (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of THIS
We have 23 other meanings of THIS in our Acronym Attic
- Torrance Hospital Independent Practice Association
- Temperature Humidity Infrared Radiometer
- Tyrosine Hydroxylase Immunoreactivity
- Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (various organizations)
- Texas Health Insurance Risk Pool
- Tanzania HIV/AIDS Indicator Survey (2003-2004)
- Thank Heaven It's Saturday
- Thank Heaven It's Sunday
- The Health Informatics Service (National Health Service; UK)
- Tokyo Health Industry Show (trade show; Japan)
- Total Hospital Information System (clinical information management)
- Transit Help Intercom System (Calgary, Alberta)
- Tsinghua International School (Beijing, China)
- Trusted Healthcare Information Solutions Alliance
- Thematic Indexing of Spoken Language
- This Station
- The Hole In The Wall Gang Camp
- Theoretical Head Impact Velocity (automobile testing)
- Touch-Humanity International Voluntary Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Roosevelt's image still is with Americans--on Mount Rushmore; at the five National Park Service sites dedicated to him (Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace in New York City, Sagamore Hill on Long Island, Theodore Roosevelt Island in the Potomac, Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota, and the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site in Buffalo, N.
The Washington Water Bus plans to start regular runs Friday on a stretch of river between the 14th Street Bridge and Theodore Roosevelt Island.