The legal action launched in New York this week aims to stop the famous Andy Warhol-designed banana used on the front cover of the 1967 album The Velvet Underground and Nico from being used on covers for Apple iPads and iPhones.
What does TVU stand for?
TVU stands for The Velvet Underground (band)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TVU
We have 2 other meanings of TVU in our Acronym Attic
- Tension Free Vaginal Tape Obturator
- Time-Varying Transition Probabilities
- Time-Variant Transfer Function
- TOW Verification Test Set
- Ti Voglio Tanto Tanto Bene (Italian: I Like You Very Very Much)
- Tualatin Valley Television (Oregon)
- Tom's Virtual Tab Window Manager
- Tamil Virtual University (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Thai Vegetarian Union
- Thames Valley University (UK)
- Tra Vinh University (Vietnam)
- Train Vehicle Unit (railways; India)
- Transportation Virtual University (US DOT)
- Telephony Voice User Interface (conference)
- Ti Voglio Un Mondo Di Bene (Italian: I like you a lot)
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Tanque Verde Unified School District ( Boston, MA)
- Temecula Valley Unified School District (California)
- Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church (Knoxville, TN)
- Thermal Vacuum Valve
Samples in periodicals archive:
In New York, she was in the same Lee Strasbourg method acting class as Marilyn Monroe, she made films and records, had a son with French star Alain Delon, was part of the Andy Warhol crowd and became singer with the Velvet Underground before going solo.
The Glasgow-born artist records herself singing tunes by Radiohead, Marianne Faithfull, Nirvana and the Velvet Underground.
” In between, you get hip-shaking electro-rap that owes as much of a debt to Vanity 6 as it does the Velvet Underground.
My current favorites are "Beginning to See the Light," by The Velvet Underground (sample lyrics: "Some people work very hard, but still they never get it right"), and "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover," by Bo Diddley.
Adams added a cool modish melody with his second guitar, keyboards and ray gun to the group's blend of classic rock and punk a la the Velvet Underground and the Cramps.
Dandy Warhols, "We Used to be Friends," Welcome to the Monkey House (Capitol) The Dandys' fourth full-length release if nothing else confirms how firmly their roots are imbedded in the Velvet Underground, peeling the cover to The Velvet Underground and Nico, and with the assistance of ace producer Nick Rhodes slimming their heavily techno-ized sound down to inner banana essentials.
The Spaniard is an expert on 1960s American guitar bands, with a particular fondness for The Doors, Iggy Pop and the Stooges and influential art-rockers The Velvet Underground.