But Tony Martin, who relocated from South Bank to Canada in 1975 to work for the Steel Company of Canada, says people should go with their eyes open.
What does STELCO stand for?
STELCO stands for The Steel Company of Canada (Official name of Stelco before 1980)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Short Time Exposure Limit
- Solar Terrestrial Environment Laboratory (Nagoya University; Japan)
- Standard Telecommunications
- Station de Traitement des Effluents Liquides (French: Liquid Effluents Treatment Station)
- Stellent, Inc. (stock abbreviation, AMEX)
- Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010
- Strategies and Tools to Enhance Learning for All (Michigan)
- System for Tracking Export License Application
- Solar-Terrestrial Environment Laboratory
- Study of Electronic Literature for Astronomical Research (NASA)
- Standards for Teachers of English Language and Literacy (Australia)
- Sustainable Transport in Europe and Links and Liaisons with America (2002-2004; collaborative project)
- System to Estimate Latitude & Longitude Astronomically
- Star Tracker for Economical Long Life Attitude Reference (NASA)
- Statin Therapies for Elevated Lipid Levels Compared Across Doses to Rosuvastatin
- Stellvertretend (German: assistant)
- Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope/Microscopy
- Scanning Tunneling Electron Microscope
- Scanning Tunneling Electron Microscopy
- Science and Technology Enterprise Management (Army Science and Technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We not only manufacture steel, we manufacture nationalism," said Cyrus Birge, president of the Steel Company of Canada.
Stelco, originally called the Steel Company of Canada, had its beginnings in Hamilton in 1910.