LINDSAY LOHAN READING: The Plot Against America by Philip Roth Lindsay Lohan was recently spotted reading this novel, a fictional account of the fate of America's Jews after a rabid right-winger defeats Franklin Roosevelt in the 1940 election.
What does TPAA stand for?
TPAA stands for The Plot Against America (Philip Roth book)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TPAA
We have 13 other meanings of TPAA in our Acronym Attic
- Tuned Power Amplifier
- Turbo Package Analyzer (trademark of Ansoft, LLC)
- Turbopump Assembly
- Two-Photon Absorption
- Transmit Power Amplifier-Blue (Band)
- Transmit Power Amplifier-InfraRed (Band)
- Transmit Power Amplifier-Red (Band)
- Total Package Approval/Fielding
- Taxpayer Protection and Assistance Act of 2005
- Thai Physicians Association of America
- Tibial Proximal Anatomical Axis
- Trade Promotion Authority Act of 2002 (aka Trade Act of 2002)
- Transatlantic Partners Against AIDS (New York, New York)
- TransPac Aviation Academy (Phoenix, AZ)
- Toronto Police Amateur Athletic Association (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Tetra Propyl Ammonium Bromide (product)
- Transportation Performance Audit Board
- Twins Plus Association of Brampton (Brampton, Ontario, Canada)
- Tactical Pursuit and Containment (law enforcement)
- Technology Policy and Assessment Center (Georgia Institute of Technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And in The Plot Against America, Roth's look at the America that might have been had Lindbergh not Roosevelt been elected President in 1940, Herman Roth and Roth's mother Bess are resurrected as true heroes.
This is not to say that The Plot Against America is to be read as a theoretical essay on antisemitism or even a belated response to Arendt; it is to be read for what it is: a novel, and one of a most provocative kind, for sure, on the "what if" mode, what if America had gone fascist and elected an overtly antisemitic president?
Andrew Potter The Plot Against America Philip Roth Unlike the case with many acclaimed novelists, some of Philip Roth's best fiction came later in life.
s novel The Plot Against America, about Charles Lindbergh and his America Firstersâ?
The best-selling author of The Plot Against America now turns his attention to a man's lifelong skirmish with mortality.
His American Trilogy and now The Plot Against America (Houghton Mifflin, 2004) are so necessarily painful, he sometimes seems the only American awake.
The Plot Against America Philip Roth Houghton Mifflin ISBN 0618509283 $26.