During the encore, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones joined the Dropkick Murphys for the Jonathan Papelbon-endorsed, Woody Guthrie poem set to music, "I'm Shipping Up to Boston," while Barr, who was wearing a Brian Johnson-inspired cap throughout the evening, belted AC/DC's "TNT" as the evening's ender.
What does TMMB stand for?
TMMB stands for The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (band)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TMMB
We have 1 other meaning of TMMB in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Mobility Mission Analysis
- Technical Manual Maintenance Activity
- Technical Manual Maintenance Authority
- Textile Machinery Manufacturers Association (India)
- Three Month Moving Average (sales tracking)
- Tiered Money Market Account
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama
- Traditional Mixed Martial Arts
- Tallahassee Mixed Martial Arts Club (Florida)
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc
- Tronoh Mines Malaysia Berhad (Malaysian mining company)
- Troweling Machine Manufacturers Bureau (Association of Equipment Manufacturers; Milwaukee, WI)
- Truck Mixer Manufacturers Bureau (Silver Spring, MD)
- Tucker Max Message Board
- Two Member Medical Board (UK)
- Technology Management MBA (University of Washington)
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Baja California
- The Marine Mammal Center
- The Moral Majority Coalition (conservative organization)
- Theater Materiel Management Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Necktie Killer cites as influences such third-wave ska bands as Reel Big Fish, Mad Caddies, Sublime and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones will perform on the AT&T Real Yellow Pages Stage, Saturday evening May 3.
Then the swing craze hit, everyone forgot about ska, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones were soon relegated to the independent-label sidelines again.
A glut of successful American ska- punk acts, including No Doubt, Rancid and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, cited Madness as an influence.
They Mighty be all righty THE Atlantic Ocean makes the USA and Britain seem a world away - the Mighty Mighty Bosstones will vouch for that.
HHHHH THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES LET'S FACE IT (Mercury) This raucous, eight-piece band from Boston have been pushing their own brand of ska and metal for over 10 years - think Madness meets Megadeth, via The Damned.
What's unique about ska is that a host of young West Coast bands have wrought its newest incarnation, from the Jamaican mento adaptation of American R&B (Desmond Dekker, Jimmy Cliff, The Skatalites, The Wailers, The Maytals) to the British punk/ska explosion of the late '70s (The Specials, The English Beat, Madness, UB40) to the third wave of the early '90s (The Toasters, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Fishbone).