By the mid-1980s, he had a regular slot on Saturday Live then his own show, The Man From Auntie, in 1990.
What does TMFA stand for?
TMFA stands for The Man from Auntie (UK TV show)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TMFA
We have 2 other meanings of TMFA in our Acronym Attic
- Trinity Mother Frances (hospital; Texas)
- Tropical Moist Forest
- Try Me Free
- Tug McGraw Foundation (est. 2003)
- Turbine Mid Frame
- Turkiye Motosiklet Federasyonu (Turkish: Motorcycle Federation of Turkey)
- Turquoise Mountain Foundation (Afghanistan)
- Table Mounted Fume Arms
- Telecommunication Management Functional Area
- Temperature Modulated Fragment Analysis
- Thermodynamics-based Metabolic Flux Analysis
- three-mode factor analysis
- Too Many Flipping Acronyms (polite form)
- Too Many Freaking Acronyms
- Trapping and Management of Furbearing Animals
- Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass
- The Man from Barbarossa (John Gardner 1991 novel)
- The Muslim Food Board (UK)
- Train Militaire Français de Berlin
- Truncated-Memory Forward-Backward
Samples in periodicals archive:
The man from Auntie inadvertently added: "We won't be asking anything too TAXING.
Byline: By NICOLA METHVEN BEN Elton is to stage a TV comeback 12 years after he was last seen in The Man From Auntie.
The man from the BBC, meanwhile, sat among the Press at the post- midnight debriefing and only revealed himself as the man from Auntie when awkward questions began to be asked about Harrison's pounds 1million-plus contract with the corporation.
The man from Auntie, then a pre-teen Essex supporter, asked for Boycott's autograph in the early Seventies and relates: "At first he refused but then said if some friends and I washed his car he would sign later.
The comedian, also a best-selling author, will return with a new eight-part series called The Ben Elton Show, his first TV stand-up series since The Man From Auntie in 1994.
The multi-millionaire, 38, will front another series of his hit show The Man From Auntie and will also be lined up for other projects.
20pm) Following his foray into theatre, the Man from Auntie returns after a four-year absence from TV.