Democratic Senator Herb Kohl had asked Holder about concern in some quarters that the Justice Department "might not be in this case for the long haul, New York.
What does TJD stand for?
TJD stands for The Justice Department (Quake gaming clan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TJD
We have 4 other meanings of TJD in our Acronym Attic
- Texas Justice Court Judges Association
- Tennessee Junior Classical League
- Texas Journal on Civil Liberties and Civil Rights (also seen as TXJCLCR)
- Triangle J Council of Governments (North Carolina)
- Tokai Japan Canada Society (est. 2004)
- Tennessee Juvenile Court Services Association (Lewisburg, TN)
- Technical Joint Cross-Service Group
- Texas Junior College Student Government Association
- The Jockey Club Technology Services
- The Jazz Discography (music reference database)
- Thomas Jefferson District (Charlotte, NC)
- Trajectory Diagram
- Truncated Julian Days (computing format)
- Tanzania Junior Doctors Association
- Texas Juvenile Detention Association
- The Jewellery Display Company, Ltd. (UK)
- The Johnny Depp Experience (band)
- Tribunal de Justiça do Distrito Federal e Territórios
- Texas Journal of Distance Learning
- TriActive Java Data Objects
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Justice Department said Makalou was a political officer at the US embassy in Dakar where he lived with his wife and children.
The Justice Department said only that he was cooperating with the ongoing investigations into both plots.
Byline: LISA FRIEDMAN Washington Bureau WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department claims impressive results in curbing counterfeit trading and copyright theft but Hollywood leaders and economists aren't buying it -- L.
The Justice Department laid out its rationale for the spying in a document entitled "Legal Authorities Supporting the Activities of the National Security Agency.
Stewart has admitted in interviews since her indictment that in June 2000 she broke an agreement with the Justice Department and violated Bureau of Prisons restrictions to help her imprisoned client, the "blind sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman, issue a press release to the Reuters news service recommending that his followers in the Islamic Group in Egypt abandon a two-year-old "cease-fire.
Dan Dodson, speaking to the Associated Press this past September on behalf of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, reported, "Within six months of passing the Patriot Act, the Justice Department was conducting seminars on how to stretch the new wiretapping provisions to extend them beyond terror cases.
WASHINGTON -- Terry McAuliffe, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, issued the following statement today: "The recent actions of the Justice Department raise serious concerns about their dedication to protecting the voting rights of Americans.