21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) today announced that technology investor David Roux and his wife Barbara have gifted $10 million to support research and find cures for genetically-based diseases.
What does JAX stand for?
JAX stands for The Jackson Laboratory (Genetics research, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAX
We have 1 other meaning of JAX in our Acronym Attic
- Judge Advocate Warfighting System
- Juneau Airport Wind System
- Just Another Windows Shell
- Japanese Akita Welfare Trust (dog rescue; Westbury on Severn, England, UK)
- Johannesburg Area Wireless User Group (South Africa)
- Journal of the American Water Works Association
- Join Airways
- Jacksonville (Amtrak station code; Jacksonville, FL)
- Jacksonville, FL, USA - Jacksonville International Airport (Airport Code)
- Java API for XML
- Java Api for Xml-Based Remote Procedure Call
- Java API (Application Programming Interface) for Restful Web Services
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (also seen as AXA)
- Java API (Application Programming Interface) for XML (Extensible Markup Language) Binding
- Java API for XML Databasing
- Java Application Programming Interface for eXtensible Markup Language Graphics
- Jacksonville Golf & Country Club (also seen as JGCC; Florida)
- Java API for XML Messaging (Java, XML, WSDL)
- Java API for XML Parsing
- Java API for XML Processing (Sun Microsystems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NASDAQ: CLRX) and The Jackson Laboratory said they have announced a multi-year agreement to access CollabRx technology and content resources in support of the clinical interpretation of genetic sequencing-based tests provided by JAX.
Of all the scientists mentioned in the story, only Derry Roopenian of the Jackson Laboratory appears to be thinking this way.
This collection of 22 papers presented by Sundberg (senior staff scientist, The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, US) and Ichiki (general manager, Safety Assessment Lab, Dainippon Ink and Chemicals, Japan) is meant to serve as an introduction to the primary knowledge, techniques, and issues that concern those entering research with the genetically engineered mouse.
NIEHS scientific director Lutz Birnbaumer recently suggested that we seek to establish the NIEHS as a "campus of learning," somewhat in the model of Cold Spring Harbor or the Jackson Laboratory, whereby we would offer continuing education and training in environmental health sciences through programs such as summer fellowships, short courses, and longer sabbatical opportunities.
Both ImageIQ and The Jackson Laboratory see this as the beginning of a long-term strategic partnership to infuse advanced imaging analytics into many aspects of The Jackson Laboratory's mission of discovering the genetic basis for preventing, treating and curing human disease, and to enable research for the global biomedical community.
Edison Liu, President and CEO of The Jackson Laboratory visited the studio for an in-depth interview.
Since the new lancet's appearance a few months ago, Joe Gile of the Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, a major labrodent center, has been teaching other scientists to use the device.