There's Canadian-born children's publisher Phyllida Gellhorn's brainwave to reissue the classics from Argentina, and later the world, on recycled paper with cardboard covers - giving the Great Library of Argentina to the people.
What does TGL stand for?
TGL stands for The Great Library (gaming)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TGL
We have 54 other meanings of TGL in our Acronym Attic
- Thames Gateway Kent Partnership (Kent, UK)
- The Good Karma Philosophy (Berlin, Germany)
- The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation (Charleston, West Virginia)
- Taeglich (German: daily)
- Target to Gun Line
- Task Group Leader
- Techniques du Génie Logiciel (French: Techniques of Software Engineering)
- Technische Güte und Lieferbedingungen (German)
- Temporary Guidance Leaflets
- The Galilean Library (website)
- The Great Lighthouse (gaming)
- Therapeutic Guidelines Limited (Australia)
- Tissus Gisèle (French: Gisele Fabrics)
- Toll Global Logistics (Toll Group)
- Total Gaming League (website)
- Touch and Go Landing (aircraft flight training)
- Touch-and-Go Landings
- Toyo Glass Logistics (Japan)
- Triglyceride Lipase
- Taiwan Gay and Lesbian Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Books On Fire begins very promisingly with the Great Library at Alexandria (destroyed by the Romans during Cleopatra's time).
From the burning of the great library of Alexandria on three separate occasions, to the biblio-destruction inflicted under Nazi occupation and library ransacking during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Books on Fire explores the literary tragedies of history, and follows up with a new possible threat to the physical paper book--the digital book.
Newspapers and news programs throughout Europe are openly comparing America's role in Iraq to the burning of the great Library of Alexandria, the Goths' sacking of Rome, and the Mongols' sacking of Baghdad in the 13th century.
Today, with the building of the new library, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina--the building occupies the site of the palaces of the Ptolemies not far from where the Great Library stood in antiquity, the city is again looking to the future.
Unfortunately, the Sight has not been awakened in 14-year-old Lirael; instead she throws herself into working in the great library of the Clayr.
Since the time of the great library of Alexandria, scholars have recognized the value of central repositories of knowledge," Richard Roberts and other scientists wrote in the journal Science.
A campaign has been launched to get works by our literary giants into the Great Library of Alexandria.