Rod Stewart: The Dave Fanning Interview (Sky Arts 1, 8pm) NOW that the legend that was John Peel has gone to the great gig in the sky, many think Dave Fanning has inherited Peel's accolade as being the new king of music journalism.
What does TGGITS stand for?
TGGITS stands for The Great Gig in the Sky (Pink Floyd song)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- The Great God Debate
- Temperature Gradient Gel Electrophoresis (nucleic acid analysis)
- Thermal Gradient Gel Electrophoresis
- The Greatest Game Ever Played (movie)
- The Greatest Generations Foundation
- The Gabelli Group, Inc. (now Gabelli Funds, Inc.)
- The Green Guide Institute (consumer guide)
- Torguson Gaming Group, Inc.
- Toxoplasma Gondii Gene Index
- The Greatest Game in College Football History
- The Gorked Galumpher Monkeys (music group)
- Tennessee Girls Golf Network
- Tivoli Gebruikers Groep Nederland
- Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (Aachen University; Germany)
- The Great Giana Sisters (game)
- Topological and Geometric Graph Theory (International Conference)
- Tampa General Hospital
- Textainer Group Holdings (Bermuda)
- The Game Homepage (website)
- The Gamer Hunter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wright's most famous composition was The Great Gig in the Sky which featured on the band's album The Dark Side of the Moon.
The bands include: Nidd and Friends, playing rock and pop; Pound Foolish, with a selection of Who songs; The Great Gig in the Sky, with a tribute to Pink Floyd; Murder, Magic and the Weather playing music from artists such as Bowie, Roxy Music and Billy Idol; Paul and Friends playing rock; and to finish the night Glammered a 1970s glam rock tribute band with offerings from Slade, the Sweet and Bolan.