It's a red, white and blue pops series this season, as the Sarasota Orchestra salutes American musical icons--from the rich legacy of Broadway's best composers to toe-tapping New Orleans jazz to the Great American Songbook made famous by 01' Blue Eyes himself.
What does TGAS stand for?
TGAS stands for The Great American Songbook (more commonly seen as GAS)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TGAS
We have 8 other meanings of TGAS in our Acronym Attic
- Taxe Générale sur les Activités Polluantes (France)
- Texans Getting Academically Prepared (Texas Education Agency; Austin, TX)
- Texas Greyhound Adoption Program (formerly Hill Country Greyhound Adoption; est. 1993)
- The Great American Pinup (poetry blog)
- The Great and Powerful
- Trunk Group Access Restriction
- Target Generator and Radar Simulator
- Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (journal)
- TACAN Guidance Augmentation System
- The Gospel According to Starbucks (Leonard Sweet book)
- The Great Arts Send-Off (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- The Group at Strasberg (Lee Strasberg Creative Center; West Hollywood, CA)
- Trace Gas Analysis System
- Therapy Guidelines and Audit Sub-Committee (UK, British Association of Dermatologists)
- Task Group on Assessment and Testing
- Thai General Aviation Technology (Bangkok, Thailand)
- That Girl at the Party
- Tystysgrif Gyffredinol Addysg Uwchradd (Welsh: General Certificate of Secondary Education; UK)
- Tail Gear Box
- Taiwan Golden Bee Co Ltd
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Great American Songbook is a collection of favorites from stage and screen by Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers, George Gershwin, Irving Berlin, George M.
Todd will sing classics from the Great American Songbook at Huddersfield Jazz gig in the LBT's Cellar Theatre.
20pm) and I'm heading into Easter weekend with Sings The Great American Songbook (Good Friday, BBC Four, 9pm) where the likes of Shirley Bassey and Jamie Cullumsinghitsofsongwritersincluding Cole Porter and Irving Berlin.
ÒDance With MeÓ includes original music as well as classics from the Great American Songbook and more contemporary tunes by Ben E.
Anyone naïvely seeking assurance that Feinstein’s is a reliable bastion of beautiful music from the archives of the Great American Songbook is wholeheartedly advised to stay home with a Blossom Dearie CD.
Starting today, pianist Julian Martin and guitarist James Chadwick will perform a selection of tracks from the Great American Songbook.
The Great American Songbook contains far richer fare.