Dad's Army - or The Fighting Tigers as it was originally named - was based in part, on Perry's experiences in the Local Defence Volunteers (later known as the Home Guard).
What does TFT stand for?
TFT stands for The Fighting Tigers (gaming)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TFT
We have 91 other meanings of TFT in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Feasibility Testing
- Technical Focus Team (US DoD)
- Technology for Teaching
- Technology for Timber Ltd. (UK)
- Ten Foot Toss (gaming)
- Terror Free Tomorrow (Washington, DC)
- Test Fix Test
- Textile and Fibre Technology (Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organization; Australia)
- Thanks for That
- The Fantasy Trip (role-playing game)
- The First Tee (various locations)
- The Font Thing (software)
- The Forest Trust (formerly Tropical Forest Trust; est. 1999)
- The Frozen Throne (Warcraft III)
- Theater, Film and Television (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Théatre Français de Toronto (French: French Theater of Toronto; Canada)
- Thin Film Technology Corporation
- Thin Film Transistor (Liquid Crystal Display, LCD technology)
- Thought Field Therapy (Roger Callahan)
- Thyroid Function Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ashlyn: Since I'm from Louisiana and my father's a huge LSU fan I'm going to have to say tiger because the team are the Fighting Tigers.
Over the course of a few weeks that fall, however, ASW missions were the only flights on the schedule for combat aircrew six (CAC-6) of the Fighting Tigers of VP-8.