A paper released by the English Spelling Society concludes that the internet has revolutionised the English language, and made misspelling the norm.
What does TESS stand for?
TESS stands for The English Spelling Society (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TESS
We have 70 other meanings of TESS in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Environment Support System
- Tactical Environmental Support System
- Target End-To-End Signature Simulation
- Teaching English to Spanish-Speakers
- Terrorism, Espionage, Sabotage and Subversion
- Tertiary Education Superannuation Scheme (Australia)
- Test & Evaluation Simulation Subsystem
- Test Equipment, Strategy and Support
- Testing Evaluation of Speech Synthesis (assistive technology)
- Texas Excavation Safety System
- The Enhanced Soldier System
- The Exponential Security System (RFC 1824)
- Threatened and Endangered Species System (US Fish and Wildlife Service database)
- Total Enterprise Security Service (SecureInfo Corporation)
- Toxic Exposure Surveillance System
- Trademark Electronic Search System (US Patent and Trademark Office)
- Trading Edge Strategy Software
- Training and Evaluation Support System (US FAA)
- Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (US NASA)
- Transition Efficiencies in Safeguards and Security
Samples in periodicals archive:
From this most recent survey we can conclude that the unprecedented reach and scale of the internet has given rise to new social practices and it is now an agent in spelling change," Jack Bovill, chair of the English Spelling Society, added.