9781849712514 The economics of ecosystems and biodiversity in business and enterprise.
What does TEEB stand for?
TEEB stands for The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of TEEB in our Acronym Attic
- Technicien Electricien Electronicien Automobile (French automotive repair program)
- Technologically and Environmentally Equipped Areas (Europe)
- Tennessee Environmental Education Association
- Texas Environmental Excellence Awards (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality)
- Texas Extension Education Association
- Tourism, Environmental and Economic Affairs (South African Department)
- Texas Environmental Education Advisory Committee
- The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library (Cornell University)
- Thailand Energy and Environmental Assessment Method
- The Electrical and Electronics Association of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Technical Excellence Executive Committee (US Department of Energy)
- The EMEA Enterprise Company (UK)
- Tinaroo Environmental Education Centre (Tinaroo, Queensland, Australia)
- Trans Electronic Equipment Consult GmbH (Oberursel, Germany)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Tsinghua Executive Entrepreneur Club (China)
- Training Exercise Evaluation and Corrective Action
- Tactical Exercise Evaluation Control Group (USMC)
- Teacher Enhancement Electronic Community Hall (National Science Foundation; Virginia)
- Telecoms Eastern European Challenge
Samples in periodicals archive:
NNA: 20/2/2012 - ESCWA will hold a workshop on capacity-building workshop on mainstreaming the economics of ecosystems and biodiversity (TEEB) into national planning and decision-making in the MENA region on February 21.
The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) Report for Business, released in 2010, did for natural capital what the Stern review did for climate change.
The study, The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB), was commissioned by German Environment Minister Sigmar Gabriel and European Commissioner for the Environment Stavros Dimas and will be finalized in 2009.
The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) report warned that allowing nature to remain unaccounted for within the economy would lead to the continuing rapid extinction of species, and ensuing massive financial costs.
This is among the central findings of a new climate issues update by The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB), a project launched by Germany and the European Commission in response to a proposal by the G8+5 Environment Ministers (Potsdam, Germany 2007) to develop a global study on the economics of biodiversity loss.
We cannot manage what we do not measure, and we are not measuring either the value of nature's benefits or the costs of their loss," said Sukhdev, lead author of the Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) for Business report.
Recognising and rewarding the value delivered to society by the natural environment must become a policy priority," said Pavan Sukhdev, who headed The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) paper released in Brussels.