The dead zone in the Gulf, 60 miles off the coasts of Louisiana and Texas, is one of the largest in the world and has more than doubled since the 1980s.
What does TDZ stand for?
TDZ stands for The Dead Zone (movie)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TDZ
We have 9 other meanings of TDZ in our Acronym Attic
- Taiwan Dependent Youth Activity Corps
- The Dismembered Youth Corps
- Trincomalee District Youth Development Aham (Sri Lanka)
- Tamworth District Youth Forum (UK)
- Tata Dividend Yield Fund
- Trincomalee District Young Men's Hindu Association (Sri Lanka)
- Tyneside Deaf Youth Project (UK)
- Team Daiwa Z (fishing reel)
- Technology Development Zone (various locations)
- Temperature Danger Zone (food safety)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mississippi Basin/Gulf of Mexico Water Nutrient Task Force, a coalition of federal, state and tribal agencies, has been busy monitoring the dead zone and recommending ways to reduce it since its formation in 1997.
The dead zone is caused by hypoxia, a condition in which oxygen levels in seawater drop to dangerously low levels.
In the murky waters of the dead zone, simplicity pays off, and jellyfish are reaping the rewards.
Back then the authorities were very negative and told me that until the Cyprus problem was solved no bus could cross the dead zone.
In the summer of 2007, the dead zone covered the third-largest area since scientists started measuring it in the 1980s.
This year, the dead zone is forming over an area that starts about a mile off the coast, extending another 10 to 15 miles out to sea, in an area roughly from Florence to Newport.
THE DEAD ZONE premiered in June 2002 as the network's highest-rated original dramatic series debut ever, earning a place as the top basic cable original dramatic series of all time.