New York University's The Bride Wore Black took home the "Best Music on Campus Woodie" as best college band, along with a $5,000 cash prize and exposure on mtvU.
What does TBWB stand for?
TBWB stands for The Bride Wore Black (band)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TBWB
- Texas Bid Whist Alliance
- Texas Bottled Water Association
- The Big What Adventure
- The Big Winter Adventure
- Tiny Bubbles With Attitude (gaming clan)
- Toronto Black Watch Association (Canada)
- Total Body Water
- Trudel Bay Waterfront Association
- Tahoe Basin Wide Area Network (California)
- Technisch Buro West-Brabant (Dutch manufacturer)
- Tillamook Bay Watershed Council (Oregon)
- Tomales Bay Watershed Council (Reyes Station, CA)
- The Big Web Directory
- Texas Board of Water Engineers (now Texas Water Development Board; Austin, TX)
- Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation
- Tampa Bay Wholesale Growers (Florida)
- Test Blanket Working Group (est. 1995)
- Transportation Border Working Group (US and Canada)
- Traverse Bay Watershed Greens (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Christmas Eve dinner is so disastrous that Meredith, the only person in the house who doesn’t know sign language, has outraged the entire family by asking Thad if he thinks being gay will affect the child he’s planning to adopt, then insults Patrick in a game of family charades by pointing to him as a clue in the title The Bride Wore Black.
He famously admired Hitchcock, but the temperament of his homages was mostly wrong: Hitchcock was ice, Truffaut was warmth, and though there's some wonderful stuff in The Bride Wore Black (1968), which isn't among the new prints, Confidentially Yours.