Though Saeed was himself unschooled, he is today a member of the board of directors of Thalassaemia International Federation and the Emirates Thalassaemia Society, where he advocates for his fellow patients.
What does TIF stand for?
TIF stands for Thalassaemia International Federation (Cyprus; est. 1986)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TIF
We have 145 other meanings of TIF in our Acronym Attic
- Technician Induced Failure
- Technology and Interoperability Facility
- Technology Integration Facility
- Technology Involved Female
- Telecommunications and Internet Federation (Ireland)
- Telecommunications Infrastructure Fund (Texas)
- Temporary Internet Files
- Terminal Indicate Floor-Request
- Test & Integration Facility
- Test Incident Forms
- that is funny
- The Infrastructure Forum (UK IT special interest group)
- Theater Internment Facility
- Thee Instagon Foundation (Sacramento, CA; est. 1993)
- Thessaloniki International Fair (Greece)
- This Is Football (video game series; Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Time in Force (stock trading)
- Time in Function (stock trading)
- Tokyo Idol Festival (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tokyo International Forum (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is treated with regular blood transfusions and iron chelation and a total cure is onthe near horizon, according to the Thalassaemia International Federation, the world body based in Cyprus.
She added that the society was campaigning to introduce a draft law in Bahrain on patient rights which has been prepared by Cyprus-based Thalassaemia International Federation.
Three bodies issued a news release yesterday to raise awareness: the Thalassaemia international federation, the Cyprus alliance for rare disorders and the Pancyprian thalassaemia association.
Panos Englezos, president of the Thalassaemia International Federation, said in a message that patients' rights stem from the UN's universal declaration in the 1940s on human rights.
Dr Androulla Eleftheriou, Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF)
SOME PATIENTS with rare diseases can be suffering between five and thirty years for a diagnosis and are often misdiagnosed, Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) and Cyprus Alliance for Rare Disorders (CARD.
Speaking at the 15th Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) Conference, which is being held in the Capital this week, Weatherall noted that in the 2006 review of the frequency of birth defects, 7.