Diana Claitor of the Texas Jail Project thinks that jail administrators are not doing enough to prevent these kinds of abuses.
What does TJP stand for?
TJP stands for Texas Jail Project (Austin, TX)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TJP
We have 21 other meanings of TJP in our Acronym Attic
- Texas Jeepers Offroad Association
- Texas Junior Orienteering Camp
- The Jedi Order Clan (gaming)
- Theater Joint Operations Center
- The Jedi of Darkness (gaming)
- Tongmai Jiangzhi Oral Liquid
- The Journal of Life Sciences
- Tokyo Junior Orchestra Society (Japan)
- Technical Japanese Program (University of Washington)
- Tehrik-e-Jafria Pakistan (political group)
- The Justice Project
- Théatre Jeune Public (French: Theater for Young Audiences)
- Tight Junction Protein
- Times Journal of Photography
- Tight Junction Protein 1 (gene)
- Transbay Joint Powers Authority (San Francisco, CA)
- Tayside Joint Police Board (UK)
- Texas Juvenile Probation Commission (funds/oversees juvenile probation services in Texas)
- Thomas Jefferson Planning District (Virginia)
- Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Texas Jail Project, an organization that advocates for better conditions in county jails, raised the issue of late-night releases to state Sen.
Sheriffs in many counties seem to say that it doesn't matter what happens once the person is not in custody," said Diana Claitor, founder of the Texas Jail Project, which advocates for local jail inmates.
Experts in mental health or drug addiction, for instance, "could bring to bear a larger array of solutions to the many problems jails face," says Diana Claitor, director of the Texas Jail Project.